Saturday, April 4, 2009

What are we looking at here?

There is so much happening with my dad's health these days that it makes my head spin.  He went to see his oncologist yesterday and had a positive visit.  People there said he was looking and acting better than he was before he left for the Southern Comfort Tour.  Some bloodwork showed that the new chemo is probably kicking back the tumors in his spine.  He has gained some weight back. But... The weight gain may be mostly fluid retention in his belly and legs (no good), the tumors in his spine cause him pain but aren't probably going to kill him (that will probably be the brain stuff that is going untreated).  So having a good visit is pretty relative.  He was having a hard time keeping anything down yesterday.  We think it may be from the fluid around his belly and not because of the pressure on his brain.  Either way he really needs calories.
He looks so different.  His voice though... his voice is still the same.  And his mind is still his.  It makes me want to SCREAM!  I have this image in my mind of him being pulled away from us.  All I want to do is dig my heels in and pull back.  But that just isn't how it goes.  So in my mind I scream and hold on to him, and on the outside I make dinner and raise my beautiful babies, and sit on the bed and visit with my dad, and call my husband, and talk with my mom.  I can't cry yet.  I feel it coming on and I have to push it down.  There will be so much time for crying later.  When we move from still having my dad to not.  When memories we share with him will become all we have.  When time will keep moving and taking me farther from when I was with him.
So dramatic. So true.

The other day Josephine was wearing an outfit with a rocket ship on it and I pointed this out to Owen.  He said, "We're on the Saturn 5!".  I asked him if we were going to the moon and he replied, "Sometime.  We'll go out to dinner and then go on the Saturn 5 to the moon."  

2 comments:

  1. thinking about you often...sending much love your way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorectal cancer, cancer of the large intestine, is the fourth most common cancer in North America. Many cases of colorectal cancer are associated with low levels of physical activity and with diets that are low in fruits and vegetables. Individuals with a family history of the disease have a higher risk. I crumble with this disease for 5 years also with a lot of scaring thought in my head because i was just waiting for death every day of my life until My Son came to me in the hospital explaining to me that he has find a herbal healer from Nigeria to cure my Colo-Rectal Cancer,I was so shocked with the ideal also i was excited inside of me.My son asked me to let us give him a try because we have really heard a lot of scammer pretending to cure all sort of diseases with herbal medicine and some of them never get a positive result at the end of it all but we was very confident on this herbal doctor,like i said we give him a try and he sent me a herbal medicine to drink for three weeks, Sincerely I'm telling you today I' alive and healthy no more laying on sick bed,No more Colo-Rectal Cancer.I'm sharing this testimony on here for people who are sick to contact this Wonderful man,His name is Dr Itua.And His contact Whatsapp_+2348149277967____Email_drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.
    He can cure those diseases like:
    Bladder cancer
    Breast cancer
    Colorectal cancer
    Kidney cancer
    Leukemia
    Lung cancer
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
    Prostate cancer
    Skin cancer
    Uterine cancer
    Hiv/Aids
    Stroke
    Herpes
    Hepatitis
    Love Spell
    Diabetes

    ReplyDelete